Potterton Profile Netaheat overheat stat tripping only on hot water setting?

Sponsored Links
when you bleed the air points on the cylinder, does the water run freely ? it is possible that when the pump was changed that some crap has been drawn from the F&E tank and has blocked the cold feed

when you bleed the air points on the cylinder, does the water run freely ? it is possible that when the pump was changed that some crap has been drawn from the F&E tank and has blocked the cold feed

I hear a tiny hiss and then water starts to come out so I shut them off, maybe worth letting it flow for a bit? Anyway, bypass valve is shut and the hot water has been on for 15 minutes and the boiler just cut out. I opened the airing cupboard to check the pipes a minute or 2 before that and could hear some gurgling sounds so I think as you say, there is air stuck in there somewhere. I've put the heating on as well now to see if it can move it around a bit.

Sponsored Links
Would be really helpful to know if I need to let more water out of those tank valves to bleed them properly?

Just tried again with water only and still the same issue, boiler cuts out after 10-15 mins. The pipes into the bottom of the tank and the middle of the tank are absolutely red hot, I guess they are the to/from the boiler pipes as I know the cold feed from the F&E tank is around the back. So yes, how do I get this air out? Again, thanks in advance.

I think you have got rid of the air so now to find out why the boiler is cutting out , is the pump wiring connected to the boiler on the correct connections ?

I think you have got rid of the air so now to find out why the boiler is cutting out , is the pump wiring connected to the boiler on the correct connections ?

But I haven't bled anything yet? How would I have got rid of the air? And it's working fine when on water and heating? Boiler wiring hasn't been touched, just the new pump fitted. Thanks for replying. :)

Thought you said you had opened both the bleed valves and water came out ?

Yes, I did that but it was just the tiniest hiss, nothing like the amount of air that sounds like it's bubbling around in the pipes. That's why I asked above if I needed to let water flow out for a bit, in case air is trapped further down. :)

From what you have said so far it might be the pump overrun stat that is be defective, the pump should keep running after the boiler has shut down , can you check this ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back