Potterton Promax Combi HE vs Baxi Combi Platinum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any obvious disadvantages of one over the other boiler? spare parts, warranty, performance, etc.? thanks for your time guys

Sponsored Links
Both are the same boiler as is the duotec you just pay extra for baxi warranty on platinum, disagree with gas4you think they are good boilers.

Baxi are notorious for bad boilers, never made a good condensing boiler.

They just play the numbers game, cheap boiler made expensive by including an extended warranty. They hope the figures stack up in their favour.

They are clutching at offers to tempt installers back to fitting them.

Only mainly fitted to new build in my area as Baxi give them away with cornflakes to the developers :eek:

probably one up from Ideal though :confused:

Sponsored Links
Gas4you thats your opinion but i honestly dont think these are bad boilers at all .Have fitted them for the last two years can count on my hand the number that have gone down.

Well hopefully they have improved then. It's about time. Trouble is how does a manufacturer gain the trust of installers like me that they have let down so regularly in the past :eek:

Dont think they can once you have a bad experience you dont go back at least i dont . Made mistake ov fitting ideal eyesores twice wouldn't fit any boilers they make now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back