Potterton PTR01 Stat replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I'm RUBBISH at electronics and dont want to blow my boiler up so i thought it'd be a great idea asking for some help here first before i do!

Right i have a Potterton PTR01.010 theromstat, which i guess is mechanical as it has a bi-metallic strip and "clicks". Im looking to replace this with a Danfoss TP5000SI, which is also mechanical, though the digital display is battery powered.

This seemed fine to me, as both mechanical stats should be 2 wire i thought... wrong... the PTR01 is layed out like this:

4 4 2 3 1
N N L * *

(the first star (3) is a sun, the second (1) is a snowflake, so i guess this is a summer/winter switch). It is currently wired with 3 wires: a blue into the first 4N, a red wire into 2 and a yellow into 3.

The danfoss has the following connections:

1 2 3
n/c com n/o

Help! What goes where!? Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Remove wire 2 from Danfoss and connect to 2 on Potterton

Remove wire 1 from Danfoss and connect to 3 on Potterton

The sun = heating ON and the snowflake = heating OFF

spraggo

Cracking, thanks Spraggo... I've wired the Danfoss stat up now - the only thing was the n/o and n/c connections were the wrong way around so when the stat was calling for heat it was switching off. Swapped them round and all sorted now - many thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back