potterton puma 80 (flame cuts out when cold water turned on)

hey Chris
LoL...I am not lieing!:)
When i say it doesnt over heat i mean it cuts out when i turn the cold water on therfore it doesnt have time to overheat.....

i will get another pcb tomorow.
hope this helps, if it is your a legend man.
cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes that's the wrong one :(
By Puma ELEC they mean Electronic ignition - no pilot.
I don't know what Abcot are flogging for pumas, could be something knocked up in a poppy planters shed in Afghanistan.

Is there the wee label with the board number on it, um...
21-18601
sorry I got that wron last time.
If so that's the potterton part. In fact the "Electronic" board has more bits on it than the pilot version, but IS lacking
1)the link LK1 which is vital to keep the fan on slow speed which the pilot version needs to keep it cool. Without it the boiler will overheat and cut out, while it's doing nothing.
2) the capacitor in the middle, C17, whose function I don't know.

If all the parts are on the board and there's nothing to adjust I can't see why an E board with the 2 parts added shouldn't be put in a P boiler.
Do you have a soldering iron? My email is in my profile and I have capacitors..

The potty P board is 21-18867

I still don't think the boiler can be behaving in quite the manner you indicate..

Sponsored Links
hey chris

i put the new board in and it works!!!!

your experience has sorted it out!1
thanks
thanks to dave from gas4you for input

jose

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back