Potterton Puma 80 mystery

My 33mm socket does the biz on that nut! Just undo the boiler connection and a 33mm socket ges straith onto it. Ive never has a problem with them.

Sponsored Links
33? You teasing? Not sure I have one bigger than 32 (which I would have expected it to be). If so I'll have to rush out to buy one :eek: :eek:

HarrogateGas said:
My 33mm socket does the biz on that nut! Just undo the boiler connection and a 33mm socket ges straith onto it. Ive never has a problem with them.
Hang on Chris, I'm sure that the ones I've done weren't 33, 'cos I don't have a socket that size.

I've got 30, 32, 36 (but only on a 3/4" drive) and 46 (but this is a special tool for my bike), therefore I believe that it's a 32mm nut on the DV.

Oh good, thanks. Saves me hunting for a 33. I do know that 3/4whit is 1.3inch which is 33.0mm and 1 5/16" is only slightly bigger, and I have some of those...! Most "22mm" nuts are 32mm, but conex are 33 (3/4 whit originally I expect).

Sponsored Links
Betcha can't wait for the next Puma DV change now, can you :D

I've only ever used grips. Didn't realise the connection would go sideways enough to use a socket, so assumed I'd need a crowfoot. I have them up to about 2 5/8", but never with me!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back