potterton statesman 50/70 oil boiler problem

High flue temp is sign of overfiring, Had one of these once, still under warranty, and suggested to cust to call in Potterton. They changed the burner!!!. Servicing later, noticed that the blast tube was different, without a secondary diffuser, which often prevents the CO2 being reduced. If yours has the two diffusers, try a single diffuser tube, (pt.no 3006001)

Sponsored Links
again thanks for your responses,slapper,oilhead,agile etc.as i am at a loss at moment,i take all that you have said on board.i must admit i did not clean boiler on second visit,the nozzle i replaced was .60 60 deg ES which is as original.
i need to get back to boiler and start from scratch i think,and strip out burner and check everything again.
you have pointed out poss faulty air damper but had checked this is ok.also mentioned was blocked flue but again this ok being balanced flu and very short this was cleaned,it was sooted but not blocked,i had removed the air duct from flue but this made no difference.
there is no steam so this probably rules out cracked heat exchanger,and there is no loss of pressure from heating system.so everything points to faulty burner.any input from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

have 3yr old statesman 50/70 boiler,it is smoking v.badly(black),boiler serviced and new nozzle fitted,also new pump assembly,pump pressure reset,oil lines and filter cleaned and bled.boiler fires up ok but is running v.rich,no amount of adjustment of air damper seems to help for long.flue gas temperature is v.high.flame very vivid yellow and ragged.has anyone any ideas?

I would suspect the motor and check for 50v AC on the white wire from the motor. If this is not so, the burner will not go to loockout when it should, causing oil to be injected into the combustion chamber with no ignition,

Regards

spraggo

spraggo";p="1807390 said:
have
I would suspect the motor and check for 50v AC on the white wire from the motor. If this is not so, the burner will not go to loockout when it should, causing oil to be injected into the combustion chamber with no ignition,

Regards

spraggo
50 volt does not apply on the RDB burner

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back