potterton suprema 100 not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a potterton suprema 100 boiler with an immersion tank and two divertor valves, the boiler doesnt fire up anymore when using hot water or if I put on the heating,
If I switch the leaver on one of the divertor valves to manual the boiler fires up but then after about 10 seconds turns off again. the other divertor valve the leaver is all floppy like the motor is worn out, do you think this is the problem or what other problem could I be looking at, I have ordered a new motor but if there is anything I can do or check can you please let me know..
Thanks

Divertor valves (zone valves whatever they are called) they are 2 port and two of them..

forgot to add,,, megaflow tank, sealed system, gas boiler
took motor from the other and its burnt out will this be the problem??

:confused:

Sponsored Links
From what you say i would guess that the valve with floppy lever has actually opened but failed to operate end switch & the one you force open to fire boiler for 10 secs has a failed motor

You need to get this sorted as if the fault is with the DHW valve you will no longer have the required safety shut working, this valve acts as this as a secondary use.

Sponsored Links
weareleeds said:
From what you say i would guess that the valve with floppy lever has actually opened but failed to operate end switch & the one you force open to fire boiler for 10 secs has a failed motor

Usually when you use the lever on a Honeywell it only opens the valve and does not operate the switch.

I would suggest checking the pump as this may have failed and left the boiler hot and off on its thermostat.

See FAQ on how to check pump!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back