potterton suprema 80 heating side not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Wonder if anyone can help

I have the above boiler and the hot water side is fine, fires up when it should on timer and manual no problem but the central heating side will not fire up on timer or manual.

I have had the pcb out to look over it but haven't got a magnifying glass to look closer. The central heating side has started a couple of times but just stops and wont fire up again. I have had no lock outs just the central heating side not working.

Any suggestions please as I know the PCB on these is suspect but as I have had no lock outs and the hot water is ok I thought I’d ask.

Cheers

Chris

Sponsored Links
Another clue..........

the boiler is either on or off it doesn't know whether it's heating your radiators the hot water or next doors swimming pool.

thinking-017.GIF

he hasn't noticed the tee heating my pool yet
lol-022.gif

Sponsored Links
The 3 port has been making a load buzzing noise for quite some time now so will check it out.

Also can I assume from baxpoti's post (which of course he is correct) that I can rule out any sensors on the boiler itself?

Neither of you have indicated a PCB prob so can we rule that out also or am I jumping the gun a little here.

Cheers

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back