Potterton suprema pilot light woes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well,after sorting out one problem,thanks to all your help my boiler now has another problem...

each time i tray to use the boiler the pilot light tries to ignite then immediatly trips the rcd...so now i cannot even turn it on at all....

No hot water/heating/nothing....

Any ideas

Sponsored Links
Twgas,

I have had a engineer out to replace motorised valve on top of 2 port,and all was fine until this morning...could this be more sinister...'read'..expensive...?..

possibly pump (not to expensive)

poss fan (rgi )

poss gas valve ( rgi )

poss pcb (rgi )and it is a suprima

check pump then get on phone

how long ago was mv motor changed :?:

Sponsored Links
does it blow the fuse after the fan has run for a few seconds?

possibly pump (not to expensive)

poss fan (rgi )

poss gas valve ( rgi )

poss pcb (rgi )and it is a suprima changed 1 month ago

check pump then get on phone

how long ago was mv motor changed :?:
2 weeks

Thanks

does it blow the fuse after the fan has run for a few seconds?

Only had time before work this am,to notice that....

reset fuse board...boiler cycles, green light comes on you hear the pilot light being ignited then trips....will have to investigate further this evening..

Really bloody cold this am aswel!!....

Im in Kent too...its cold when you cant even have a shower....i couldnt wait to get in the car...

Will have to call someone out again..

Well,called the engineer out today and he has diagnosed the pcb..!!......only replaced 2weeks ago....so im on to the ebay guy i got it from and seeing if i can go and collect it.....

Well,called the engineer out today and he has diagnosed the pcb..!!......only replaced 2weeks ago....so im on to the ebay guy i got it from and seeing if i can go and collect it.....

Off Ebay......probably why it has gone so quickly. You find that cutting corners rarely saves money

Tell me about it.....

At first it was mv on 2 port valve tripping rcd...new pcb fitted now that doing it....

I have just read that theres a modified board out there would it be worth just buying one of those??

I have just read that theres a modified board out there would it be worth just buying one of those??

a modified board :LOL: :LOL:

its been modified more times than pamela anderson
lol-045.gif

sounds like gas valve solonoid fualty,
old boards two led at front are flawed.
upgraded pcb has single led,wire loom,front fascia,and pcb incased in plastic box.
u need rgi again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back