Potterton Suprima 100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Potterton Suprima 100 (AHHV 748 0217, GC 41-607-82) installed about 10 years ago. HW is working fine, but not the CH. Have bled all radiators, so confident no air lock. Have tried restarting system at control panel, but that makes no difference. Basically, the gas comes on, ignites no problem, but goes off after a minute or so. The pump in the airing cupboard is working, in tune with the timeclock.
Could this be sludge build up in the heat exchanger preventing circulation of water, or a valve not opening up in the boiler?
Any suggestions please! Am in Marlow Bucks, is this something I could easily repair/replace, and can anyone recommend a local competent plumber please.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If it's working ok for HW then I doubt it's a boiler problem.

Check the zone valve for the heating circuit hasn't stuck shut, therefore not letting any flow through the system when on ch only.

If it's working ok for HW then I doubt it's a boiler problem.

Check the zone valve for the heating circuit hasn't stuck shut, therefore not letting any flow through the system when on ch only.

Thanks Dave, I bled the pump (following instructions elsewhere on here, and at same time I tried manually opening and then closing the zone valve (returned it to auto), started up the system, and..... it seems to be back to normal so far.....

We'll see how it is in the morning, but thank you for your advice. Certainly wasn't the boiler which was my main worry! (£££)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back