Potterton Suprima 50L and Myson Power Extra - no hot water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right - first things first - I'm a complete ignorant when it comes to plumbing issues so please treat me as a simpleton when explaining anything to me!

I've read through MANY posts about how rubbish these Suprima boilers are, so don't worry I know how bad they are.

My problems is slightly different from others.

We have central heating, but no hot water.

When the timer/control is set to permanent or just switched on for the central heating, the boiler switches on and fires up.

When you do the same for the water however - nothing!! Though the red light on the timer is on. It just stays on red on the boiler.

BG have been round and he reckoned "100%" that it was the Myson Power Extra switch/valve.

Now before I commit to paying for something that might not fix it, be interested in some expert views - reckons it will cost £125 all in to fix - sounds reasonable to me.

Any other views on what it could be or if price is OK?

Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Slim chance it may be the cylinder stat or even slimmer the programmer. More than likely the motorised valve.

Firstly, Suprimas are excellent boilers

Secondly, if BG are 100% why worry?

nothing wrong with a suprima with the right PCB.

if BG were round why didnt they fix it?

Sponsored Links
I assume you have 2 2 port valves? In which case I would fully agree with the BG diagnosis.

How many motorized valves - one or two?

What are the valve numbers - MPE???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back