potterton suprima 60

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey lads,
having a problem with this boiler lads,the boiler will run for 15 to 20 minutes and then goes to lockout,i changed the high limit stat and problem has continued any suggestions would be great

Sponsored Links
is that 15/20 mins with HW and/or CH on?
does it make a noise?
does anything heat up?
do any lights, on the boiler, flash?

A little limited on info.

What happens in these 15-20 mins. Does the boiler ignite? What is calling for heat? HW and Htg? Does anything get hot? New style PCB (enclosed) or older style where the circuit board in visible?

You help us and we'll try to help you.

Hope this helps

the boiler heats rads for the 15 to 20 minutes then goes to lockout,the pcb is the newer enclosed type,after the twenty minutes are up the boiler then goes to lockout and has to be maually reset,

Sponsored Links
do the rads get too hot to touch?
does it work ok on HW?

thanks for the replys lads,the hot water and heating come on at the same time as there are no motorised valves to seperate one from the other,i didnt reallt notice whether the rads where getting too hot to touch to be honest with you mick

sounds like it is overheating, you need to make sure the pump is wired back to the boiler for pump overrun and your bypass valve if fitted is open. also needs a permanent live to boiler not just switched live.

sounds like it is overheating, you need to make sure the pump is wired back to the boiler for pump overrun and your bypass valve if fitted is open. also needs a permanent live to boiler not just switched live.
its not pump as rads would not get warm
its not by pass rads are getting warm
its not switch live as it would not work in first place when orginaly installed
and when you join cc i will tell you what it is but he needs rgi

right let me explain this boiler needs not just a switch live but a permanent live for pump overrun and also pump to be wired back to boiler ok adlplumbing,
yes i know the rads are getting hot but what happens when the room stat is satisfied it shuts down the zone valve which cuts off the switch live to the boiler, then the permanent live will still supply the pump to dissapate the heat in the heat exchanger around the bypass. OK

something about grandmothers and sucking eggs comes to mind here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back