Potterton Suprima 60l - Lockout Error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have I search the forum on this error and think it appears to be the PCB so I need to get somebody in, or might be it be something else?

The red light flashes on the boiler (the green light is out), it I hit the reset button all is OK, maybe for a day or so, maybe for weeks. We only notice when the house gets cold or there is no hot water on a summers morning. There are no other noises etc....

Thanks in advance.

Richard

Sponsored Links
My Suprima 100l occasionally locks out on the first attempt to light. This always seems to be when the weather is damp. I hear the fan start, the gas valve only, and the ignition clicking. I suspect the electrode may be at fault (this only started happening after it was changed at the start of this year). I have someone coming out to take a look tomorrow.

Thanks.

Just incase anybody returns this via the search function in the future British Gas came out today (for £50 fixed fee) as part of our service contract with them and changed the PCB. Maybe too soon to tell but all is OK.

To give BG credit where it is due, I called at 10 and the came early afternoon (and our contract does not nominally include same day).

The guy seemed certain it was this and it came as no surprise to find it was a common fault!

Have a good weekend,

R.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

Just incase anybody returns this via the search function in the future British Gas came out today (for £50 fixed fee) as part of our service contract with them and changed the PCB. Maybe too soon to tell but all is OK.

To give BG credit where it is due, I called at 10 and the came early afternoon (and our contract does not nominally include same day).

The guy seemed certain it was this and it came as no surprise to find it was a common fault!

Have a good weekend,

R.

how did you get a fixed fee for £50?

not knocking or anything, because that is some price!!!!

...it turns out our £15/month contract with BG that covers a service of the heating system (inc. boiler) once a year that I signed up to when our little one was born includes repairs for a fixed fee of £50 per problem. So this year with the service and PCB I'm up.....

I have learnt you can pay more per month and then repairs etc. are free....(I think)

£180 a year for a service and a £50 on top for a repair (if reqd)

its a bargain sir, and as you said when wee ones are involved

its a priority

cheers for info ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back