Potterton Suprima limited flame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Potterton Suprima boiler which has worked well since the circuit board was replaced a few years ago.

Recently (and unrelated to the PCB lockout problem), on some occasions the ignition does not spread fully from right to left across the burner. Only one or two rows light up, resulting in lukewarm radiators. Sometimes the remaining rows ignite after a minute or two. Flames are blue and look healthy enough.

Boiler serviced months ago and is clean inside, including the burner which has been brushed and vacuumed to remove rust and dust.

Engineer booked but I'd like to arm myself with some ideas before he calls. It's an oldish boiler but I don't want to be persuaded to replace it just yet.

My suspicion is gas pressure problem.

Any ideas appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Your suspicion is most probably correct & I'm sure your Engineer will quickly diagnose the fault...
Repair & carry out relevant safety checks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back