Potterton Suprima not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. As the title suggests, my Suprima 60 suddenly failed to light up today. I've done power on/off and resets but it just won't fire. It goes through all the motions and sounds like it's going to, then gives up and the red light flashes.

I'm confident the circuit board is good, it was only recently fitted to cure the old board's locking out problem.

I admit the boiler has not been serviced for a long time.

So from your experience what's the likely cause? I'm assuming this is probably a job for a pro, so I'm keen to have an idea of likely costs before I ring around.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Surely if you are going to 'ring around' that will give you likely costs?

No one on here is going to fix it for you so what we say we would charge is neither here nor there. Some here will say £1M, and one in particular will suggest £45 and suggest every other gas fitter is a charletan.

If you want to fix it yourself be honest enough to say so.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=27674&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

You could clean up the electrodes, check ign leads, failing that, and assuming it is getting all the way to ignition, it's likely to be the PCB.

I'd love to fix it myself, but that would be both unwise and illegal.

I got a chap in to do the heat exchanger 5 years ago, and I'll get someone in to do this too. I was simply wondering what the likely fault was and whether there was anything else I could try before picking up the phone.

Happy new year :confused:

Sponsored Links
If the gas is turned on then its likely to be a boiler part which has failed if you have already reset the overheat stat.

That could be one of several parts costing in the region of about £120 each.

But on the other hand it could be a simple blockage which would be fixed at no additional charge above the diagnostic fee.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back