Power from 10 Way Boiler Junction Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be acceptable to take power from a 10 way bolier juntion box to power a set of LED string lights? It is the closest power source to where I want to put the lights and would be a quicker and easier job that coming off the lighing circuit. I would hard wire it into a 3amp fused outlet.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Mmm. I suppose there is nothing that wrong with it assuming they will not overload the circuit.

The heating circuit should already be on a 3A fused outlet. Is it nearby or somewhere else?

Thanks for the reply, yes, I realised that after I wrote the post. It is already fed from a 3amp fused outlet, which is next to the boiler in the kitchen. The junction box is in the airing cupboard upstairs as this is where all the diveretor valves etc are.

Sponsored Links
As EFLI says, assuming loads it should be OK

BUT (there's always one) make sure where you take the connection from is a permanent live. There's lots of stuff switching on and off in heating systems. Best to connect to the output of the FCU, rather than disturb the heating engineer's work of art.
Extra wires and cables may confuse him if/when he comes to do some work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back