Power Shower hot Water Temperature Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I had my bathroom fitted out with a new power shower using a concealed016 Mixer Unit about 2 years ago and everything was fine till recently. In the past month of so the Hot Water Temperature has been very, very low when using the shower but from all the other hot water taps the water is very, very hot. Only the Shower Hot Water Temperature is very low.

The Concealed016 shower mixer unit is button operated, has 3 outlet operation and the face plate has been glued onto the tiles with Silicone sealant to prevent water ingress!

I understand there is a thermostatic Valve in the body of this unit. As the unit is less than 2 years old could this be the problem? If so how do you remove the face plate without damaging or bending this plate?

Many Thanks

Caesar

Sponsored Links
Please elaborate on your water system.
Combi boiler?
Unvented cylinder?
Gravity hot water with or without pump to shower?
Gravity cold water with or without pump?
Mains cold water to shower valve?

Hi Meldrewsmate

The System boiler is a Vailiant EcoTec 830 condensing boiler, its is sealed system. Gravity hot water without shower pump except of course the shower unit. Gravity cold water feed to all taps except shower unit.

Yes, the thermostatic cartridge could be the issue. Might need the filters/cartridge cleaned.

You'll need a thin knife to slide down the back of the plate and cut through the silicone whilst teasing it away from the wall.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Madrab

Would silicone remover help in loosing the plate which seems quite strongly glued onto the tiles or is there a better way of removing silicone adhesive?

If it's just silicone then a thin knife will do it, if it's silicone adhesive then that's a different kettle of haddock and will take more effort. A very thin wire saw might be needed but depends on the gap there is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back