power supply for tablet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i left my tablet charger on holiday and when i used to use my tablet i could charge it at same time and the battery would go up. now i use a USB plug a lead for phone and charge it but i get a warning saying use charger came with it as this is not optimised for this. whilst plugged in and using the tablet the battery never charges just seems to decharge. how do i get around this problem?

Sponsored Links
Or use the usb cable and connect it the computer to charge.It depends on what tablet,I have a nexus 7 and use a samsung phone charger with no problems.

The nexus 7 requires a 2-3 amp charger.
A 500ma one or a computer USB port does not give enough current, they are limited to about 500ma (1/2 amp).

So it is better to get a high current one, may phone chargers now are good enough.

BTW, it does not have to be specific to your tablet, just one with a few amps output.

Sponsored Links
Some USB cables are not as good as others. Try another USB cable in the USB plug. Case in point, my Garmin Sat Nav won't charge with one of my USB cables but it charges perfectly with a different one. Both USB cables are in working order.

Had a similar problem with my USB cable.
Plugged it in and came back a hour latter to a lower percentage of battery. Couldn't understand it.
Eventually found out I wasn't using the original cable :p

So my advice, just use the original cables it came with and if you have lost it, buy another genuine one.

Back