Power to fountain pumps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again
I'm putting a couple of small fountain pumps in the garden. I intend to run the cables in Tower 20mm plastic conduit. The "electrical expert":rolleyes: at X&Y says the push on fittings are weatherproof. Is this correct or do they need welding with a plastic solvent cement?

Thanks
Jim

Sponsored Links
What sort of cable?

Where will it run?

Why do you want to use conduit?

As for being waterproof, no.

It will be water resistant if you use solvent cement, I wouldn't use it for submersion etc tho.

Sponsored Links
Thank you Spark123
The conduit won't be submersed. It will be clipped along the barge boards of the fence then into an IP56 double switch then into a wall mounted IP56 scocket.

I take it the fence is sturdy?
Use saddles or conduit clips to mount the conduit, I take it you already know that an RCD is a must for this type of application.
Where the conduit enters the switch thing use the proper bush and silicone seal it together. Remember the drainage hole in it at the bottom too, it will probably say in the instructions.

The barge boards are 6" X 2".
I've got the right size saddle clips and an RCD. got the correct bush for the switch and will now seal with silicine as you advise. The drainage hole is punched out and de-burred.

Great advice, Thanks again.
Jim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back