Instruction required for how to use plastic conduit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan to add some exterior lights using the usual 20mm (approx) plastic conduit but have some questions about the actual use of plastic conduit:

1. Presumably any joins should be secured via a solvent glue?

2. How is an outside bend around the edge of a brick wall achieved?

3. I need to get a couple of cables from inside a garage through a brick wall and into the conduit system. What is the best way of starting off a conduit system (I assume I use one of the circular boxes and drill a suitable entry in the rear) and how do I waterproof the cable entry into it?

4. I aim to use a couple of bulkhead lights - again, how do I waterproof the conduit entry?

5. I also aim to use a weatherproof switch but with outside conduit entering from the top - again, how do I ensure water tightness?

All help gratefully received.

Mark B.

Sponsored Links
1. Presumably any joins should be secured via a solvent glue?
Yes, the same type which is sold for PVC waste pipes.

2. How is an outside bend around the edge of a brick wall achieved?

(I assume I use one of the circular boxes and drill a suitable entry in the rear) and how do I waterproof the cable entry into it?
Silicone will do, alternatively fit another piece of conduit into the back of the box and drill a hole through the wall large enough to fit the conduit through.

4. I aim to use a couple of bulkhead lights ... I also aim to use a weatherproof switch but with outside conduit entering from the top
Buy lights / switches with 20mm entry holes (most will have them) and connect the conduit using these:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back