power to shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a consumer unit in a garage and have a shed about 15" from the garage and want to install power to it already have the lights and sockets all ready to be powered off a new consumer unit in the shed can anyone tell me the best way ie what cable should i use to get power from the garage comsumer unit to the shed one without digging a trench? Tia

Sponsored Links
already have the lights and sockets all ready to be powered off a new consumer unit in the shed
Why do you want a consumer unit in the shed?

can anyone tell me the best way ie what cable should i use to get power from the garage comsumer unit to the shed one without digging a trench? Tia
  1. What route would the cable take if it wasn't buried?
  2. Buried or not it should be armoured.
  3. This work is notifiable - you need Building Regulations approval, and if you do the work that means applying in advance.
  4. Do you know what tests you would carry out on the cable and/or circuit(s) to or in the shed? What sequence you'd do them in and at what point you would energise the installation, and for each test do you know what is being measured, why it is important, how you would carry out the test, and with what equipment, and what sort of results you would expect to get if everything was OK?
  5. I advise getting an electrician.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back