Power to Stable.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine has asked if I can install 4 lights, & 3 sockets into his stable. This is how I plan to do it :
from the consumer unit in his garage via 40amp 30mA RCD, 20meters of 4mm SWA ( buried 2ft underground ), enters the stable stores ( not where the horses will be ) terminating into a small CPU with one RCD( 32A ) for the sockets & one MCB ( 6A ) for the lights Also earth bonding to the water pipes.
Conduit used will be high impact plastic, swithes will be pull cords & sockets will be metalclad variety.
Is there anything else I need to take into account ?

Sponsored Links
RCBO....combined mcb/rcd yes that is exactly what I meant, thanks Adam. Is that everything then ?

I would use masterseal IP66 sockets, not M-Clad. Why RCD at origin AND at the second board??

You should also find out what type of earthing system the house currently is, and decide if this is suitable for use in the stables. See other posts regarding outbuildings/sheds/garages for this.

Also, this comes under a 'speacial installation' under the regs, so really you should familiarise yourself with these.

Sponsored Links
Cheers everyone, I'll find out the earting system & consult me little old blue regs book !

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back