power to thy shed

lol the cctv is not web based, the images from the dvr to network maybe, but you do not set analogue ptz domes up using any type of web interface.

*shrug*

CCTV isn't my profession. Just like electricity isn't yours.

Sponsored Links
exactly but i wouldnt slag you off if you needed help with a cctv system - thats the point, id help you the best i could.

also to shed banner - could you install a 10 camera cctv system and dvr (not bnq s**t but high end panasonic ptz domes and fixed cameras?) linked to home network for control anywhere in the house or anywhere in the world for that matter? set all dome addys and controllers? and make sure all protocols (panasonic pelco etc) set correctly? alarm pirs when activated sending signal to dome ptzs cameras to pan tilt and zoom to alarm pir dection? then sending emails of footage from the house to a remote sever?

i doubt it
I doubt it too, not without putting some effort into learning how.

I'll tell you what I wouldn't do though - I wouldn't go to a CCTV installation advice forum, describe a tacky and incompetent bodge of an idea and then say things like this to people who told me to do it properly:

that guy is a total p***k, someone wants to bring him down a peg or to - take the hint - f**k o**
i wouldnt p**s on you if you was on fire
you s**t stain

Sponsored Links
Last I checked he was an electrician, not a network engineer.

Check again. He's not an electrician of any kind, only a small man with a copy of BS7671 and a computer.

That said, I do agree with Banal and others though; why go to all this hassle but not wire the thing up properly?

your very good at turning things around aint you shed banner, YOU STARTED with your atitude before i started with mine, notice how i was civil to every other poster bar you - that should tell you something.

aint the fact that im at least using waterproof gear and rcds tell you that i am interested in safety? instead of using internal home type sockets and switches?

ive spent the money and bought the ip rated gear to add a bit of saftey? but you dont see that do you.

your very good at turning things around aint you shed banner, YOU STARTED with your atitude before i started with mine, notice how i was civil to every other poster bar you - that should tell you something.
Yup - it tells me you're another one of those people who has decided in advance what advice he will or will not accept and becomes abusive when people tell him things that don't agree with what he's already decided to do.

its your attitued! to people
My attitude?

that guy is a total p***k, someone wants to bring him down a peg or to - take the hint - f**k o**
you s**t stain
My attitude?

im not confident enough to install it to the cu, or add it to the back of a existing socket - its not my house to do that mate and i cant afford to pay someone to do that, im trying to do the next best thing resonably safe, hope you cab understand my friend.

its your attitued! to people
My attitude?

you s**t stain
My attitude?

sorry loverocket this is for you:

im not confident enough to install it to the cu, or add it to the back of a existing socket - its not my house to do that mate and i cant afford to pay someone to do that, im trying to do the next best thing resonably safe, hope you cab understand my friend.

Yup - it tells me you're another one of those people who has decided in advance what advice he will or will not accept and becomes abusive when people tell him things that don't agree with what he's already decided to do.

ive took everyones advise bar yours.

ive spent the money and bought the ip rated gear to add a bit of saftey? but you dont see that do you.
What I see is someone putting a fixed installation into an outbuilding and wanting to plug it in.

What I see is someone who doesn't want to do it properly and becomes abusive when asked why he doesn't want to and when told he should.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back