power to thy shed

Sponsored Links
It may only be 10A because the flex is only 1, not 1.25 (13A) or 1.5mm² (16A).

Or it may be rated less because of the length.

yes i have rcd on the consumer unit, infact it has 2 rccb switches, one yellow and one black,

Can we see pictures of those two??. Not sure what you mean about yellow and black. Is that the colour of the test buttons. If so it may be an old redundant type.

Sponsored Links
What about a 16A CEEFORM plug on the outside of the shed, and caravan style cable to the house?

cant take any pictures of the cu, its a crabtee.

like i said in my op, i do not wish to wire into the house electrical system, or use caravan style leads lol.

i will be doing it the way coljack sugested - as thats what i wanted to do and had in my head from the start.

can someone tell me if that screwfix rcd will be suitable to put on the end of the flex coming out of my shed, and will 3 core flex rated to 3800 watts be suitable for what i need?

lights switches and sockets will be water proof ip rated gear, will be using flexible conduit, glands etc, as far as im concerend the shed aint wheather proof enough not to use out door equipment for the job

cheers

that's not the way I suggested it..

you cannot have a flex out of your shed.. it will get wet and damp and chewed on by all sorts of nasties..

if you want the door shut while you're in there, then cut the bottom corner off it, just enough so that it doesn't trap the cable..

flex isn't rated in watts.. if it is then look for the size on it.. ignore the watts as this will vary depending on the way it's used and where it's used..

you want at least 1.5mm 3 core flex..

coljack mate - in one of my further replys i said "could i have the flex coming out of my shed, and the flex and plug stored in a waterproof enclouser when not in use"

and when i said the way you said to do it i was refering to your chart set up you kindly pput on here for me, sorry for the confusion mate.

and will that rcd i linked to above be suitable lol, and as i want to make the install that bit better i will use the next size up from 1.5

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back