Power Up or Reboot/ Restart Sequence, Process or Procedure For Texecom Alarm Panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best way to "Power Up" or "Reboot"/ "Restart" an existing Texecom Premier Alarm System or Panel ?

Is there a special process like holding down a button on the panel whiles powering from the "mains" or do you just flick the power on from the "mains" ?

I'm not refering to the intial power up or first boot of a newly installed alarm panel or system.

This is for an existing fully programmed and functional alarm system or panel you want to Power Up, Reboot/ Restart for any of the reasons below:

1. After installing an expander, SmartCom or any other hardware
2. Maybe as part of a routine maintenance process
3. To clear niggles like connectivity issues
4. Possible loss of power or circuit trip
5. Other reasons

Sponsored Links
mains off battery off, dead to world, may want to put bells in engineers hold off mode/ disable first if to be off for a long time.

battery plugged in mains on.

if battery only after connecting battery only press kick start button (have to be aware that if mains not on battery will eventually go low and be disconnected by the system to prevent damage)

mains off battery off, dead to world, may want to put bells in engineers hold off mode/ disable first if to be off for a long time.

battery plugged in mains on.

if battery only after connecting battery only press kick start button (have to be aware that if mains not on battery will eventually go low and be disconnected by the system to prevent damage)
Hi, I've just installed a Texecom system at work and used a powered expander (with batteries) in addition to the Elite 88. I'm gradually adding to the system, when I power down I presume I need to remove all batteries (panel and expander) and then power down both?

Sponsored Links
If your only adding extra expanders there is no need ...just check the new expanders are there in confirm devices and press yes ...

Just remember common neg back to panel no positive from powered expander.

as above

I have 3 questions:

1. So is it normal for the Bell to go off for about 10 seconds when powering up the Panel although the Bell is in Hold-off mode ?

2. Also I have seen a post where someone just disabled the Bell Tamper for the Area (Wintex Area option 6) and that stopped the Bell from activating without needing Hold-off.
Is this correct ?

3. Is it normal for the RPK to go into tamper/alarm mode and need date and time setting everytime I powerdown and remove battery ?

Last edited:
cant say i pay that much notice to the time for no 1.

1. Yes hard wired bells do fire on power up for a short period, to be be fair though i don't disable the bell unless i am going back up to it, or the power its to be removed for a long period.

2. Not necessarily, if the battery is on in the bell box, and the bell is down powered the bell would sound on loss of power, the internal siren/speaker would not sound if the tamper for the bell isnt monitored.

3. Tamper isn't necessarily the keypad, probably the panel lid tamper, as that was opened to disconnect the battery.

Time and date on Texecom panels has to be reset after full power off as they don't have anything to maintain time like a cap (some Orisec panels do have a super Cap that can maintain time and date for 24hrs after complete power loss) or pcb battery like some systems have.

Many many thanks for always taking the time to reply and share to the all posts you do so on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back