Powercraft compressor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently bought a second hand Powercraft TA 25/180 compressor the man said it worked fine, however when I tried it out with the air gun I could blow harder. I have checked the fittings and no air is escaping the dial shows full and it cut out and comes back on when you let the air out.
HELP Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210401_092604.jpg
    20210401_092604.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 173
  • 20210401_092554.jpg
    20210401_092554.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 167
Sponsored Links
To adjust the air line pressure you normally need to pull the regulator knob upwards to
engage it, then turn it to increase or decrease the pressure, and finally push downwards again. My site compressor also has a stop cock (valve) with a lever just before the filter/regulator

When you say air gun do you mean a nail gun or a wheel gun? Check the CFM of the compressor and then the required CFM your 'air gun' requires to function properly

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply it's just a air gun for blowing dust out of awkward areas
also there is not enough air to work the paint sprayer.
Any advice is appreciated

Check for any closed taps on the air outlet, also any quick release fittings (these have an air valve too)....also, check the blow gun nozzle isn't blocked, or like mine, flattened!
John :)

Is good air pressure coming out of the male Pcl fitting after the regulator
Edit If little air comes its not working or you haven't the knack of adjusting the pressure up. BTW, theres normally the female fitting after the regulator not a male otherwise the airline would need a female on each end

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back