Powerflush Filter DIY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know if anyone on here has any experience of this but looking for some opinions! I have been power flushing for a few years now as I am a plumber. I have been looking into the filters you can buy but the price is silly!! What I was thinking is if a purchased a regular magnaclean unit that would usually fit under a boiler I feel sure I could pipe it up in a way to fit to my machine. Would this work as good as a bought filter system?
Any opinions would be great. Thanks

Sponsored Links
The magnacleanse is the same as 4 normal magnacleans and comes with all the paraphernalia.

Why you would want to fart about catching a quarter of the gunk for a third of the cost is beyond me.

Glue neodymium magnets to the tank maybe? or make them movable within the tank :?:

Sponsored Links
I doubt it would work, I'd anticipate the dirt capacity is too small and the resistance too high.

I came across Lakos side-stream filters in a similar application, mostly used to remove limescale particles from cooling tower circuits or to clean up large heating systems. They did an automated system that flushed itself at intervals. Loads of money, so I doubt that it's practical for your application, but it may give you some ideas.

Similarly dual-basket change-over strainers, one strainer can be dismantled and cleaned whilst the other is on-line. Again, they cost a lot since they are big cast-iron jobs, but I'm sure a smart chap could knock up something similar.

Sand filters might work, magnetite particles seem to be too small to be trapped by conventional strainers.

the kamco one is the best solution. It has a bypass so you can clean it out while still flushing.

the capicity of a normal filter would cause alot of problems when flushing.

Just use a Pro Flush as it already has two massive magnets.

Magnaclean would probably get clogged on first flush.

The new Kamco filter with a heater built in is best for the guys who do not have heaters built into their machines like the Norstrom

Ideal for the cheapy pflush machines or the Kamco and streets ahead of the Adey offering

Rednip if you have been flushing for few years I am sure you wish to carry on this line of business .may I suggest you invest in some decent equipment believe me the quality will remain long after the price is forgotten

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back