powerflush machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello
i am in the market for a new powerflush machine what do you guys think is the best ones and ones to avoid i would also be interested in a company that also does a training day to learn how to use it efficiently i was thinking of spending between £700 & £1000

Sponsored Links
I think the kamco ones look quite good and i have a friend who has one and is happy with it i was wondering if theres one that comes with a kit eg magnetic filter, heat exchanger adapter, pump adapter and the vibrating thing for radiators :confused:

Sponsored Links
Its cheap for reason,that kind of machine is available even cheaper from ebay,if you are serious then you need professional machine either the kamco or norstrom machine

The norstrom has magnaclean filter built into it,as well as heater for systems when you can not operate the boiler,all flushing chemicals work better with warm water

my kamco magnaclean filter with the heater costs more then that supposed powerflush machine :D :D

http://www.proflush.co.uk/

Whilst a nice machine is very good, the results depend mostly on the technique used as well as the chemicals chosen.

I see many systems which have been "power flushed" but the results obtained have been very poor.

In one case this very diligent fellow had hired the pump and spent all day but used an unbranded chemical sold cheaply which he had no idea about.

The Kamco course is quite good but there is no better way that to work with someone who is an expert and willing to put the effort into the job. Few seem to want to so that.

Worse is that many installers connect up a pump with no chemicals and then go and install the boiler just leaving the pump running.

Tony

Dont worry about what Agile is saying ,according to his deluded mind he is the only one in this whole country who does the job correctly

Norstrom are based up north and if you check their site they have training programme,so who better to teach you how to use the kit then the manufacturer themselves?

Good luck and make sure you get some free chemicals and training thrown into the package when you buy the machine

Of course, if systems are in a poor state, a good flush with mains water does help a lot before a power flush. Also, products like X800 can be used with the boiler & existing circulator.

However, in some cases for the long term, some systems are just better re-piped. Quicker & cheaper than some turkey with his £1K + machine fan.ying around for a day.

Some great on-line details about cold flushing a central heating system, if you look hard enough.

As my pal Telly Tony says, it aint what you got it what you do with it!! Know what I'm saying hen?

Exactly, its what you do with it that matters, Dick!

Dick Puller you here again to lower the tone of the forum.Behave yourself otherwise another ban will be put in place for you :D :D

i spoke to proflush guy and he invited me to the training session free to see what their like before buying and i must say they do look the part and the valves do look a little better quality than kamco`s. no bloody prices on site tho so i havent got a clue how much they are

we have all missed you Dicky boy ;)

Expect most of £1000 for the big names.

The one I like the name of is Kamco "The Beast" which has a more powerful motor.

Tony

we have all missed you Delta boy...............Oh I'm touched, in fact I'm starting to well up here :cry: :cry:

Of course hen, if you are going to be doing a lot of power flushing, then yes it's worth forking out £1K + for a machine, but we have 3 & they're in our stores more than out paying for themselves on the job, so to speak!
I think most will agree, with the chemicals etc, there's not a lot of need for power flushing now.

Most systems you can get as clean as a nun's knickers without a machine. We do a lot of boiler changes & make sure systems are clean, it's not worth the hassle fitting a new boiler to a manky system. Too many call-backs!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back