Powerflushing Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the boiler is nicked and the serial number is one the wanted list, it does not matter where you bought it from, the police if notified are entitled to call on you to investigate and return the boiler to it's rightful owner.
If after investigation they decide you have knowingly purchased stolen goods you matey are in bother.
If the boiler is returned to its rightful owner you will be out of pocket.

Stolen is stolen doesn't matter if its a car, 1/2lb chopped mince or a vailant boiler.

Well that's just an assumption. We have no idea how the boiler was acquired. All I know is I paid £820 cash and I own it

Let's be realistic - how many of the items on eBay or gumtree do you think have been stolen? Do you honestly think that the police will go out and check and investigate each stolen item. I think the police have got more important things to worry about than a (what we assume) is a stolen boiler?

Sponsored Links
Knocked off boiler , probably came out of some ones house ?

Is he a ***** ???

No one knows how the boiler was obtained but you have purchased a £1000+ product for £820 so thats a bit suspect.

The boiler has a unique identification number, if it is logged as stolen, regardless what you paid or how you obtained it is not rightfully yours and if by chance the number flags up you loose.

I did not imply the police will investigate the purchase, but you never know.

I did not imply the police will investigate the purchase, but you never know.

I bought a brand new boiler rather cheaper on Ebay and a few months later the Police were knocking on the door.

A few months after I was giving evidence in Court!

Sponsored Links
well i have got to thank the OP , my watsits are starting to ache from laughing :D :D

OP comes onto a public forum seeking advice for power flushing , transpires he has probably got a knocked off boiler via info that he has supplied & has probably admitted that he suspects as much :D :D :D

they certainly walk amongst us :D the words end & bell spring to mind :D :D :D

Here OP , were did u get your TV from ?? :D :D :D :D :D

must admit you cannot work out who is the bigger end bell the OP or joe 90 with his dodgy MOT certificate post ??

If it flags up, it flags up.

I don't have a receipt but I can certainly show the ad on Gumtree. Not my fault that I negotiated a price better than what was advertised.

Is one to assume that every bargain purchased via a site or auction at a price much lower that RRP, suspect? So be it - that means there are plenty of stolen goods on eBay right now.

If it came to a point where an investigation ensued, the boiler will be fixed on the wall and providing my CH. Id like to see them take it off, leave my house, wife and kids cold......

They can investigate all they want but at the end of the day, something was advertised, paid for and sold. There is no way I can be held accountable for the purchase UNLESS they can prove I suspected it was a stolen, which is rather difficult to prove.

Like I said, the courts and police and vaillant for that matter have got better things to do than to waste their time on 1/one/uno boiler.

Gas board disconnected a woman near me a few years ago in the winter with a baby that couldn't have been more than 2 months old as her gas supply wasnt bonded! I dont think authorities will have any qualms removing stolen goods from your property.

Handling stolen goods is a crime.

Your system needs to be power flushed properly using x800 or FX-2, if you have micro bore pipework a pre-dose of a cleaning chemical upto a week before the flush is a good idea.

Just because someone is charging £40 or more an hour doesn't mean they are earning it, Here's an example - you call someone out for a minor job which takes an hour.....perhaps they had a half hour drive to the place so in effect that job has taken then two hours, so we are now at £20 an hour, then there was fuel to get there, so on and so forth.

Be sure that the £350 installed is gas safe registered, ask to see his card before he does anything, if he hasn't got it he will need to go and get it or you can check him out on line while he waits.

If the boiler is stolen, then it will be removed from your premises, its the same for a car, if someone purchases a car and it is subsequently found to be stolen, it is returned to the rightful owner, the purchaser has no rights.
I do find it amusing that you state the installers "Credentials" on My Hammer, firstly, My Hammer is hardly a main place that Good Quality installers would advertise, but lets look at the so called credentials, "Liability Insurance" How Much for? "Company Gladiator; Number: se/4754316", What on earth is that, nothing relevent to the heating industry I can assure you, "Gas safe/Corgi Registered" does not show his number, so how can you verify, "City & Guilds Certificate: Certificate in Plumbing Studies", Certificate in Plumbing Studies? This Certificate is an entry level certificate and allows you to progress onto NVQ, so he is NOT qualified, so I doubt he is Gas Safe Registered, "Institute of leadership and management award", thats a cracker, what the **** is that and what relevence is it to heating, or plumbing.
You seem to be someone who expects everything cheap, well people like you get what they deserve, good luck with your installation, I think your going to need it, in this life you get what you pay for, if you want quality, it will cost.

If it flags up, it flags up.

I don't have a receipt but I can certainly show the ad on Gumtree. Not my fault that I negotiated a price better than what was advertised.

Is one to assume that every bargain purchased via a site or auction at a price much lower that RRP, suspect? So be it - that means there are plenty of stolen goods on eBay right now.

If it came to a point where an investigation ensued, the boiler will be fixed on the wall and providing my CH. Id like to see them take it off, leave my house, wife and kids cold......

They can investigate all they want but at the end of the day, something was advertised, paid for and sold. There is no way I can be held accountable for the purchase UNLESS they can prove I suspected it was a stolen, which is rather difficult to prove.

Like I said, the courts and police and vaillant for that matter have got better things to do than to waste their time on 1/one/uno boiler.
Hi, Let me assure you my friend that the law states that if you purchase something that seems to be a bargain, you must assume it was illeal.I say this as a person who bought stuff, fitted kitchen and all white goods, not knowing it was stolen, but the price I paid, I assumed it was..This was 30 years ago.I had a 2 year suspended sentence, a large fine, and all the fitted kitchen, + appliances were removed. We had the best fitted kitchen in the street for a couple of weeks.Buyer Beware.Never have I bought anything that looks too good to be true since.And the stigma still persists today.Best of luck.

Appreciate the advice. Might have to avoid logging it in with Vaillant to avoid any issues or flag ups.

With regards to the corgi registered comment, I have his gas safe reg number and checked it out online. He is perfectly legit.

Thanks for the x800 tip. No idea if I have micro bore pipes. How can I tell?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back