powerflushing - what method do you use?>

Personally,

You replace every radiator, all the pipework, all motorised vlvs, pump(s) and the boilers heat exchanger along with the cylinder coil.

In fact, replace the whole cylinder and header tank (if system has both.)

Does that cover the 10 - 20%?

David

Sponsored Links
Hi Dave, good to hear from you again.

In answer no. What about the flux, copper swarf and jet blue etc that may be left :eek: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And don't forget about a few bogies :rolleyes: :LOL:

On a recent new install 7 rad system when we flushed the water was a deep chocolate brown as opposed to usually white creamy look. Strange one, god knows what was in it to give it that colour

Sponsored Links
namsag

The last few packs of copper we used was full of dirty brown residue. No idea what it is.

its a dusty residue from the copper tube,dam clever them chinese.

I had my old combi for 15 years (vaillant) it died 6 months ago :cry: In this time it was flushed (manually) and inhibited every time i made any mods to it, so it was very well looked after internally. Fitted a wb 30 si and also fitted a spiro vent on install and was amazed at the crud it picked up after only a few hours of running (black lumps and brown) some of this must have been floating round for donkeys years so as long as its checked regularly a spiro is a good investment. Whether it'll get that last 20% is anybodies guess though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back