powerflushing - what method do you use?>

1stly the 80-90%, in all due respect to the quo tee, is an opinion, so the question has no standing in serious discussion on the subject.
I don't know why you didn't say so at the outset, and save us all a lot of time.

I suggest you research the question before making your point on the subject.
You have the right to suggest whatever you like.

For the record though & the benefit of our readers, the effect of the amount left in a system will depend on many factors,, as quoted by Tony being 1 factor !!
It's a complete unknown then, other than the fact that Magnaclean won't remove the rust particles that aren't stuck to bits of Magnetite.

My previous quotes were valid and very useful but you decided you needed an ego boost but made a very wrong decision in choosing ME to do so!!
Au contraire - I was looking for information, and you completely failed to provide it, and you got all snotty.

I asked the question of several people, but you're the one who turned your posts into an information-free zone.

People like you who hide behind a keyboard and a screen and act condescending are just trouble making wimps IMHO.
And there it is again - the personal comment. :rolleyes:

Would you be like this to someone face to face ? I doubt it unless you thought you could get away with it !!
And there's your veiled threat again. I guess that's what makes you big and tough.
At my age Im too old to threaten my friend.
They are merely statements of my opinion !!

I am polite at all times but wont tolerate being spoken to the way you did .. is that fair enough?

Sponsored Links
They are merely statements of my opinion !!

I am polite at all times...
Oh really? Were you being polite when you accused me of sarcasm, paranoia, of having a stinking attitude, of attempting to belittle, and of being ego-centred?

...but wont tolerate being spoken to the way you did .. is that fair enough?
It's entirely up to you what you do or don't tolerate, but I fail to see in what way you've tolerated a simple and plain question on this topic.

You lost the right to politeness from me when you started this OK !!

Your boring me now ......
378.png

Glad to see your on the receiving end GM. :D :D
Keeps him off my back.
Never mind it will be someone else next week. :cry:

Sponsored Links
How quaint. You could start yourselves a little club.

Fernox stated in their ads that you can get "up to 80%" of dirt out of a system.
Even in systems powerflushed with DS40 and with a Magnaclean fitted, you can still get magnetite flakes blocking the secondary heat exchanger in a combi. I'd pay to know why - but ony about a quid.

Glad to see your on the receiving end GM. :D :D
Keeps him off my back.
Never mind it will be someone else next week. :cry:

He was at me when I first joined but I largely ignore him although he is trying to bait me in the trade talk section.

:rolleyes:

Mod so why have you not deleted Softus suggested post about tonyboys wife

Can't believe my generalistaion of 80-90% effectivness has created such a debate :eek: :LOL:

It was only meant to be a generalistaion of the fact that no powerflush will ever get a system 100% clean, not a scientific proved amount of crud left in the system :rolleyes:

Another way of looking at it is that if manufacturers are making/using heat exchangers that cannot tolerate small amounts of crud or whatever you want to call it, then is it not they who are at fault :idea:

If I can do a powerflush and have each rad running clear water, then flush the boiler HE with the same result, then I deem that system to be as clean as is humanly possible (don't suggest a monkey should do it :eek: :LOL: )

Fitting a Magnaclean can only help to improve the cleanliness and maintain it. Fitting a Spirovent is another option, but where do we all stop with this clean system mania :confused:

As an opposite viewpoint, what about the Vaillant Ecotec Plus boilers having the auto bypass valve sticking because the system has been cleaned too well and the surface coating of the metal being removed by the chemical agent? A known fault and fact with these.

My dear Softus, it never fails to amaze me how you seem to get involved with all these 'debates' :confused: Perhaps people sometimes take your posts too seriously :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back