powerflushing - what method do you use?>

Sponsored Links
I have found rust particles in the black sludge.
So is it your belief that all rust is removed by virtue of being stuck to some sludge?

Damn do ya want a spot light in my face as well :rolleyes:
Oh, you should have said at the outset that you weren't willing to back up your claims of the Magnaclean being wonderful.

IMO magnaclean is a must on all systems ,,, its a small price for the job it does ..... you get out the wrong side today or summit ??

If you want a heated debate then Im not ya man mate !!

who gives a toss.

I certainly dont care THAT much :LOL:

ok-wink.gif

Sponsored Links
who gives a toss.
Anyone who posts on this topic, I presume.

IMO magnaclean is a must on all systems ,,, its a small price for the job it does
It attracts Magnatite, which is a useful feature.

However, what I asked, which nobody seems to have been able to answer, was "How do you get the remaining 10-20% of the rust out of the system".

I always find particles when I clean em out :confused:

Cheeky bugga
palizaconsilla7eo.gif

Anyway theres no way your gonna clean the system 100% !!

Ive answered it already !!

************** deleted

I can see why you have a private profile now :rolleyes:

What am I supposed to conclude from the fact that nobody has yet been able to explain how to get all of the rust, which is immutably hard and capable of blocking waterways, out of a system, when many people are recommending a product whose manufacturer doesn't claim gets any rust out of the system?

I can see why you have a private profile now.
Are you able to explain what my profile (which isn't private) has to do with powerflushing and the functioning of a Magnaclean?

Do you mean this one, John?

Have you installed one?

Where did you get it?

Was it effective?

That's the one

No

I heard about it on here and found a NOS one on Fleabay after Saving a Search.

The reason it isn't effective is that I haven't fitted it yet :oops:

Not so easy to fit as a Magnaclean as it doesn't have sideways-facing connections, you have to cut the pipe and squeeze it into a gap which you then have to close up again. A bit beyond my ability to puzzle out how to do it on my existing system without great disruption. If I had a vertical pipe with an elbow to a long horizontal one I could bend, I could do it. Would be very easy to fit while doing a new installation. I suppose it coul be done using a flexible or convoluted copper but I don't like the idea.

It has a collection bowl which is far smaller than the amount a Magnaclean can collect.

At the moment I suspect any particles fall into the boiler and never come out.

I COULD explain many things to you softus but I cant be bothered with your condescending attitude,, there are ways to speak to people and your people skills are certainly not compatible with me !!!

********* Deleted - Mod.
There you go AGAIN !!

The magnaclean is well within the DIY'ers ability and IMO anything beyond is not necessary ..

I'll tell ya what.. DONT insult me any more ok !!

For the info of those novice readers, what the powerflush and magnaclean dont get is not worth worrying about ,, !!

SORTED !!

There you go AGAIN !!
Er, OK.

The magnaclean is well within the DIY'ers ability and IMO anything beyond is not necessary ..
In your opinion, how do you remove the rust that powerflushing and the Magnaclean will leave behind?

IMO its foolish to rub up a complete stranger the wrong way like your doing. Keyboard warriors do my head in .
*********** Deleted. Mod.

For the info of those novice readers, what the powerflush and magnaclean dont get is not worth worrying about ,, !!
Well, according to another poster, up to 20% of rust particles would stay in the system. You appear to think that this much rust is not capable of blocking a heat exchanger, and is not capable of wearing out a pump.

SORTED !!
:rolleyes:

[Are you able to explain what my profile (which isn't private) has to do with powerflushing and the functioning of a Magnaclean?

Well, your profile shows up as private when I try to look at it!!!

Have you become so paranoid about hiding your identity that you have listed it as private?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back