powermax 155 scaled up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Powermax 155 which is around 6 or 7 years old - the house was built in 1999. The hot water flow is very poor and when it was serviced last year an attempt was made to descale it with chemicals. This was unsuccessful and the blender valve was removed. I now have very hot water but still little of it. British Gas have recommended a new boiler although a local engineer has told me on the phone that they can be repaired although he can't do it. Is a chemical descale the only answer or can the coil be replaced and if so does anybody know who can do it?

:confused:

Sponsored Links
A plate heat exchanger kit is available for this boiler it includes the blender valve this would be the best bet. The 155x can be purchased with a scale reducer kit with it but some unscrupulous developers did not take up the option make sure scale reducer is fitted. call baxi potterton call out is £220 including parts and labour..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back