No Hot water !! Powermax 155

exactly nobodys mentioned the diverter valve cos it aint got one !!

also it could work on one tap and not the other if there is more of a flow on one than the other then the flow switch might come on with one and not the other if you know wot i mean :cool:

Sponsored Links
When he said "Yes the water is hot and it comes out of one tap downstairs scalding but all the others it only comes out boiling for about 2 mins" I had interpreted this to mean for only two minutes from any tap! The boiler does not know which tap it is feeding.

I feel sure I have seen one of this style with a plastic Honeywell diverter with the side lever. Is that another or later model?

Tony

If it's aflow-switch triggering problem, how about putting the 2 taps on at once? The hot should make it to the naughty tap that way?

Sorry if this is a completely dumb suggestion, I don't think I've ever clapped eyes on one of these wonderful (?) devices.

Sponsored Links
Those who have will say "you havent missed anything" !

Hows your leaky ( or rather exploded radiator) ?

Tony

Sorry, I have now checked all my taps and they all only run hot water for about a minute ! :oops: When i first moved here we never got hot water for a bath but the shower was nice and hot now even that goes cold :!:

I am going to check the flow switch tomorrow as there is a warning sticker about switching off the electric before taking the front off the boiler :!: and when I get back from work not enough daylite to see....Thank you :p

you should be a corgi.........

to isolate you just need to take the fuse out of the spur....

when you turn the tap on, dose the pump (right) run constantly, if so your flow swith is ok. sounds more like your blender valve.

could even be your plate heat exchanger, but more likly to be the blender valve..

Is it really so difficult to get a boiler engineer to look at it?

You do not need to be CORGI registered to look at or change the DHW flow switch but you DO need to be competent to work on electrical appliances.

You could always isolate the boiler and disconnect the flow switch and check its continuity with a meter. It should have switched on at a flow rate of three litres per minute and stay on as long as there is a flow of water.

The Potty engineers think this is your problem! I dont think it necessarily is but nevertheless you should check it as the first step.

Tony Glazier

As you know boilers are sometimes naughty and the simple solutions are not always the problem.

I only said "I dont think it necessarily is". Partly so he does not continue to be fixated with one item.

Its very difficult to get pure symptoms from users. Here we have many postings which implied that there was a fault at one or other taps.

Lets wait and see what he tells us next!

Tony

funny, i thought a powermax was a GAS fired appliance.........

maybe you could also explain to him how to check the flow switch as it comes with a relay permanantly fixed on the flow switch lead.....

Thanks for all your advice on here, I have got Potterton coming out wednesday so I am hoping it's not a scale problem as they can't help with that !

.....I was never gonna touch the boiler myself just needed some advice after mixed diagnosis of the actual problem.......I am not a 'HE' as some of you keep referring to me as and therefore would not want to risk breaking a nail :LOL:

Thanks Nickie

HE in our language means "High Efficiency" or condensing like powermax HE as referred to above?

I think that if you had originally said that you were a female alone with a Powermax then you would have had a different response.

Merely entering a "DIY" forum is interpreted as wanting to have a go.

Tony

Ahhh this is where I should have read all about the website, I just read the title DIYnot................

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back