Powermax 155x Replacement

No competent gas engineer would be happy to do any work on your boiler if the flue cannot be inspected along all its length.

I think that it was agreed that they would be classified as At Risk in that situation and that means an advised turn off! Can anyone remember the situation in that respect?

Tony

This was the plan for a while but they found that there were far too many disgruntled customers out there so it was changed. If a flue can't be inspected through it's lengh but all checks/tests pass it's NTCS.

Particularly with powermax, one of the main points about that boiler was the fluing options. That led to the flue being boxed it on pretty much every installation!

If it is visible, it needs to be supported by purpose provided brackets every 1.8 meters (or every joint) otherwise it is At Risk.

That's the last i heard anyway..... I'm sure standards will change soon enough :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
No competent gas engineer would be happy to do any work on your boiler if the flue cannot be inspected along all its length.

I think that it was agreed that they would be classified as At Risk in that situation and that means an advised turn off! Can anyone remember the situation in that respect?

Tony

This was the plan for a while but they found that there were far too many disgruntled customers out there so it was changed. If a flue can't be inspected through it's lengh but all checks/tests pass it's NTCS.

Particularly with powermax, one of the main points about that boiler was the fluing options. That led to the flue being boxed it on pretty much every installation!

If it is visible, it needs to be supported by purpose provided brackets every 1.8 meters (or every joint) otherwise it is At Risk.

That's the last i heard anyway..... I'm sure standards will change soon enough :rolleyes:

double standards already then.

if it can't be inspected it must be at risk.

There are whole appartment blocks out there with eintirely boxed in flues!

Anyone got any extra large lables to just hang on the whole place?! :LOL:

As Andygasman. Due to date of installation if unable to inspect but no visible signs of deterioration/damage on route of flue and FGA etc correct then NCS.
There was a corgi t.b to this effect. Have G.S superceded this with another?

Sponsored Links
Last instruction/advice I had said if you cant inspect it, it's NCS if there are no signs of distress along the flue route, if there are then it's AR.

I appreciate that many of these flues are actually twin pipe.

However, before classing a boxed in flue as NCS does that require measuring for excess CO² at the boiler inlet?

Whilst its often not totally clear who anyone works for, it seems to me we may already have two BG engineers here with different ways of classifying this problem.

Tony

I wouldn't classify a hidden flue as NCS before doing any tests, and then only if all test prove satisfactory will I class it as NCS, any other problems it will be at least AR.

my post was a poke at andygasmans contradictory post.

i actually cant remember what BG's stand is on these. i would use common sense myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back