Powermax 185 question

M

marsaday

i have moved into a new house and it has a powermax 185 system which is probably 15-20yrs old. it makes the radiators so hot i think they are dangerous. a small child would hurt himself easily. why are they so hot ?

also i have fitted trv's but they do not work. if i put them on 4 1/2 or less the radiator turns off. so we have to have the rads on full blast, a touch lower or off.

i am probably going to replace with a combi valliant soon.

Sponsored Links
your trv's must be crap! They control each rad so replace them, also try the stat on the boiler or room stat

i have been told by technical that the system isnt balanced, so i have to do this.

Sponsored Links
your trv's must be rubbish! They control each rad so replace them, also try the stat on the boiler or room stat

Why do you bother commenting on boilers you know nothing about !
this boiler does not have a stat to control the heating water and its supposed to get very hot as this helps to heat your house up :eek:

This boiler is a heat store boiler which also needs the water to get upto 80c in order to heat the hot water upto a suitable temperature :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back