Practical question on crimping spur off 4mm T&E

are you intending running this new cable down the wall on the same side as the new socket is going?
the new cable needs to be above the new socket on that side of the wall, ie not nextdoor; otherwise it won't be in a wiring zone and could get drilled through.

is the length of cable run/voltdrop really an issue?

can you re-route the existing wiring to include TWO new sockets so you don't need inaccessible joints?

Sponsored Links
Cable all running in permitted zones. Goes along top of a basement wall, but I turned vault on other side of the wall into a room and want to put socket in. Estimated length of the circuit as 48m at 20A, so 5m might not pull it over the limit but is really close in case I made a mistake and don't want to suck and see.

Sponsored Links
Bit harsh, this is not the first work I've done, past work been tested and approved all okay. I have the regs and the guides to make sure what I'm doing is all okay. My council has to approve the extension, so better I ask the inspector what keeps him happy than here ...

Not sure a building inspector will have a clue what you are talking about!

Bit harsh, this is not the first work I've done, past work been tested and approved all okay. I have the regs and the guides to make sure what I'm doing is all okay. My council has to approve the extension, so better I ask the inspector what keeps him happy than here ...

why on earth do you need to ask if you have BS 7671 and the guides??
The reason you have asked is that you dont like what you are going to do surely? keep the joint accessable, it's the best way.

pull the cable back and replace it from the new socket.. put it in series not tee-d off..
do it properly, don't bodge it..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back