PRD leak from Triton shower - all the time - please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya I have a Amber 3 shower which hasn't been used in at least 3 months.

Yesterday the PRD activated and its leaking non-stop, even when the shower is off.

I've read loads of helpful info about replacing PRDs but not seen a post where there is a constant leak and am worried about the cause.

Its in a freezing cold downstairs bathroom where the cistern water has already frozen twice. The hose wasn't kinked, showerhead doesn't have obvious limescale/blockage and the PRD wasn't activated by trying to use the shower as its not been used for ages.

Anyone have any ideas please??

Sponsored Links
If other components have frozen in the room, then it is most likely that something in the shower has frozen and now thawed. Inspect the internals and it will become clear, I would think.

as said it probably froze and has blown the prd.
as for leaking constant it should only leak till the heat cans empty if shower not in use.

Thanks guys (that was very quick!!)

I've managed to stop the water supply to the downstairs bathroom and will turn it back on again tomorrow and take the front cover off - from what you've suggested OH I'll be able to see whats leaking/thawing internally?

Cheers x

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back