Preferred method of finding a level?

H

hollywood

What's the best preferred method for Your level.

Fixing a baton?
Or say working off a long spirit level that's fixed to the wall?

Sponsored Links
Just got one of these, makes setting out easy.
Very useful devices for setting out differential building & equipment levels when used with a staff (a laser Theodolite is light years ahead of anything Screwfix sell) but wont help much with tiling. They are very good at projecting levels & will give you a very straight & level (visual) line; good enough for many things but will rely on your (very) good eyesight to fix a base line batten to the wall to support that all important first tile row!

A good spirit level used to fix a perfectly straight batten will be far better. For battens, I use extruded aluminium section of varying lengths; if the batten is not perfectly straight, the tile rows will get more “out” the further up the wall you go.

Sponsored Links
Just transferred the laser line to wall with a pencil in a few places and joined up the dots, checked with a level and spot on.Have used ali flat section for baton before.

Water level, far more exact for setting height marks over distance and also from 1 room to another ;)

ah ha the good ole roman method,yep cant go wrong with 1 of these.
done a few shop fronts with them,but i havnt picked up a water level for yonks.

Water level, far more exact for setting height marks over distance and also from 1 room to another ;)

ah ha the good ole roman method,yep cant go wrong with 1 of these.
done a few shop fronts with them,but i havnt picked up a water level for yonks.

you take 1 end, i will take the other and we can set a perfectly level line from me to you ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back