Premia 9 Alarm Control

hi, there may be a pir covering the loft hatch, but to put the panel in the loft still means its in an unprotected area.

You have to think "outside of the box"

lets say there was no pir on the landing (covering loft hatch) and panel is in loft

some one forces the front door, entry timer starts, by the time they found the panel it would have gone off.

some one comes in through the back

forces back door, alarm goes off imeadiatly (back door on alarm)

say back door is not on alarm, detector in kitchen picks up intruder and sets off alarm.

or detector in x room picks up intruder and sets off alarm

in any case alarm always goes off before panel is reached.

BUT if they came in through the roof they can do what they like to the panel, since it is in an unprotected area.

so if the panel is in the loft it must have a detector above it to make it within the protected area.

I know its unlikely that some one will come in through the roof, but it does happen, and alarm companies have to install to the latest regs, one of which is the main panel must be within the protected area.

Sponsored Links
Interesting stuff, and I see your point. With a secluded rear garden and a ladder, it would'nt be too hard to hack through a roof.

:eek:

i should point out that in a domestic situation it is extremely unlikely for some one to do this, but it has to be installed to the regulations, part of which says the panel must be in a protected area

New battery now installed, sirens, sensors etc all tested and working fine.

Who needs an engineer when we have Breezer.. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cheers for the advice,

Job sorted

:D

Sponsored Links
I have recently replaced the battery in the main control panel as the battery was low.

Now the Main user panel (where we enter the code) say "dF"

i think this means data faliure. i am now unable to set the alarm at present.

Brezzer pplease help or someone eles.

Thanks

Ahh right, bit of a time warp.
No longer made or supported.

Bin time i`m afraid.

If your really wanting to use it, drop all power and turn back on.

Better off replacing.

I have recently replaced the battery in the main control panel as the battery was low.

Now the Main user panel (where we enter the code) say "dF"

i think this means data faliure. i am now unable to set the alarm at present.

Brezzer pplease help or someone eles.

Thanks
There is NO "dF" fault display on the Premia 9, look again.

I also have a Premia 9 alarm that shows the error code dF after I replaced the battery. This code is not shown in the User Guide or the System Manager Guide. Can anyone advise?

I had an alarm engineer look at it and he told me that th 'dF' error was a data error that could mean a problem with the panel, keypad or the connection between them. Cheapest option is to replace the wires between the panel and keypad but it can be messy as you may need to chisel out the walls etc. However, he said that most people connect using 6 core cable and only 4 are used, 2 for power and 2 for operation. Assuming power is OK then we coul still swap to spare 2 wires. In my case the error just disapeared (I had had the power off) but now a timed sensor at the front door has become an instant triggered sensor. I have had to cover it up to stop it triggering when I enter the house when the alarm is set. Anyone know how to reprogramme it to put it back to being on the entry/exit route?

Mark

Hi

I have an premia9 but it don't accept any code...

is possible make an hardReset on this system?
if yes how I can do this?
someone have the installer manual?

best regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back