Premier Elite 24 PSU Fault

Alas no idea on what the design limitations are on the different versions of the smps or how to verify this.

In fact reading a recent thread on the Texecom forum, I wonder indeed if its poor design or poor build or a combination of the two, @Bernard, its clear you have more of an insight into design.

Sponsored Links
Thinking back we did have a nano power cut where the mains went off for less than a second, enough to knock out the Virgin media box in the street and guys had to come out over night to sort.
However this was a week before the problem, would have though if it was gonna go would have gone then.
Is it possible this event started a failure?

Cant be certain, I have seen strange behaviour after a powercut, that said sometimes the panel and the PSU are fine.....gets really confusing, saw a power surge take out a com 2400 but rest of the panel and PSU was fine, so suspect its very specific events that they don't always recover properly from.

a nano power cut where the mains went off for less than a second, enough to knock out the Virgin media box in the street

I would suspect that "nano power cut" was accompanied by a voltage spike which did the damage to the Virgin media box.

saw a power surge take out a com 2400 but rest of the panel and PSU was fine

If the com 2400 was connected via a metallic telephone land line to a remote location then a ground bounce due to the power surge could have lifted everything in the house ( equipotential zone ) to high voltage while the ( un-bonded ) telephone line would have remained at the potential at it's far end ( outside the area of the ground bounce ). Hence there would be a high potential difference inside the Comm2400 module between the telephone line and the other circuits in the module. Insulation break down leads to high currents and damage across the interface.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back