Premier Elite 24 PSU Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Fitted 1/2 a dozen alarms over the years, maintance technician by trade so know the basics.

Had this panel installed about 6 months and today had a Mains off, PS Failure, Power O/P fault. Power is still applied to PSU and panel. Molex measures around 20v when checked across the red terminal and other three once disconnected

So my question is, is this voltage ok when not under load? Is the fault likely to be the board or the PSU.

Wintex does not show over voltage or a PSU battery fault or a PSU mains fault.

Battery is powering system at 12.5 v and shows System Current at between 0 and 0.4A

Firmware is 5.01.03

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
? From the psu output what voltage do you get from the red and black wires ? It will show psu fault and o/p fault when the power is off ...

Hi Sparky
Thanks for the fast reply!
I get between 18.0 to 20.5v fluctuating.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks secure, are you saying a replacement panel or PSU?

Many Thanks

What’s coming off the battery leads , what multimeter are you using ? Are the leads good or battery good in it ....if it was overcharging I would guess the voltage would be constant ! Check your meter on the battery disconnected to prove a point ...

Hi Sparky

TIS meter, battery reads a steady 12.5 v. Leads to battery is 0v.

Leads snd battery good.

Cheers

Doesn’t read correct to me ...if that psu was inputting 18-20v I would probably be seeing that at the battery leads , aux volts and bell supply , nominal 13.80v ish , and you should be getting around that at the battery disconnected !

Hi Sparky

Agreed its strange, just checked the voltage with plug connected to board and get the following.
Red to black 12 to 13.7v
Red to blue 10.6 to 12.4v
Red to yellow 12 to 13.7v
With battery connected.

Battery dissconnected
Only get around 2 v on all terminals.
And 0v on battery terminals
Is that any clearer?

Many thanks.

Chris

Forget the blue and yellow wires from the psu ....they are probably signal wire from the psu for mains fail ect .... with the meter set on dc put your leads on each of the following ...
Battery leads ( battery disconnected )
Aux supply
Bell supply
All should give a reading of around 13.8 dc
All finally battery terminals ( disconnected from the panel )
The reason I asked about the meter battery I’ve seen this type of fluctuating reading on my old fluke meter when the battery was on the way out and not showing low battery

Sparky

Thanks for taking the time, a credit to the forum!

Tested as you asked, battery disconnected all read 0.5v.

Battery is a solid 12.5v

Many thanks

That doesn’t sound good ! Or correct as the bell would be ringing if 0.5v at the bell supply ? I take it has a hardwired bell ?

A7A4AC27-BD0C-4353-810D-C900861A7D52.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back