Premier elite 24 - window shock sensors

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi all,

My parents house alarm of over 20 years recently packed up.

So myself and my sister bought a new premier elite panel with the 8xe expander and the IP Com external box. All good so far.

So I have read the installation pdf, got a copy of wintex and read all the threads here on this panel (I think). I have some alarm experience with the basic texecom veritas and old hkc alarms.

EOL is new to me but I think I get it.
This however leads to my question.

I want to use the existing door contacts and window shock sensors (aritech).

Is this possible, any modifications required?
Wire them Eol or single pole?

One comment I saw online was that inertia sensors are not compatible with premier elite.

I'm hoping this isn't true as they have a lot of windows.

Appreciate any advice.

Sponsored Links
Yes you can aslong as you have the analyser board ( some panels didn’t require this board) eg some aritech panels, you will have to wire it normally closed ....
What was the old panel ?

Yes you can aslong as you have the analyser board ( some panels didn’t require this board) eg some aritech panels, you will have to wire it normally closed ....
What was the old panel ?

Hi sparkymarka,

The old panel was a scopetronic/home guard.
It only had 3 zones so the window shock sensors were daisy chained to fit.

With the Premier elite 24 and 8xe expander , I will have 8 zones (Panel) and 8 tampers(8xe) if wiring NC?

They have 2 doors and 9 windows.

Sponsored Links
Think you need to post a picture of what you have on the windows

They are like the attached picture.
I think there are ball bearings inside that generate alarm under vibration. There is also a tamper circuit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190822-143624_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190822-143624_Chrome.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 92
Was there a small pcb inside the control panel that these where wired to ? If not your going to have to buy some !

854256F2-839D-4E50-BE36-B969FB316DEA.png Like this ....try asking Europlex on here , he may know if that panel had the analyser built in , we used to fit hitec years ago that was aritech and that had it built in , I think I still have some of the window sensors kicking around

View attachment 170079 Like this ....try asking Europlex on here , he may know if that panel had the analyser built in , we used to fit hitec years ago that was aritech and that had it built in , I think I still have some of the window sensors kicking around

When the cover is off, it looks like the attached picture(minus the magnetic contact).

I'm getting the feeling that we will have to buy the texecom impaq sensors for each window.

I thought that if magnetic door contacts were ok for the texecom then these simple sensors would work the same.. A circuit with no power required (no pcb)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190822-161151_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20190822-161151_Google.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 140
Ok so an update, an analyser board is required for each of the old inertia sensors.

At around 8 quid each it's a no go.
As new impaq sensors are a tenner!

I had planned to use eol on each sensor/zone but in their sitting room there are 5 small windows.
According to the installation manual no more than 3 sensors can wired on one eol zone.

Can anyone give any tips on using double pole for 5 sensors into 1 zone?

Big question...how are they wired ? All back to panel or daisy chained , and how many cores to the devices?

Big question...how are they wired ? All back to panel or daisy chained , and how many cores to the devices?

They are/were daisy chained and one cable back to the old panel location.

I'd have to double check but pretty sure it's 6 core cable with 4 used in old setup (Eg shock alarm= red/black & tamper=blue/yellow).

For double pole on the premier 24 panel, it looks like I need to use a zone for alarm circuit and a zone for tamper circuit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back