Premier Elite 48 - Part Arm and Chime?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First of all many, many thanks to all the knowledgeable people on here who give up their time to help the adventurous DIY'ers who take on installing a "proper" alarm system.

I have spent the last few weeks browsing these fora and have learned a huge amount. After much research and looking at the pros/cons/quality and capabilities of different systems, I'm now the proud owner of a self installed Texecom Premier Elite 48 with a Ricochet Expander, GSM Comm and COM-IP. All hard wired apart from two door contacts with a plan to add Panic Switches and Smoke/Fire detectors soon. Programming the panel has been a voyage of discovery and I'm pretty much where I want to be (TXT and Push working well).....but I'm stumped on one thing. I'm not sure it's possible (having spoken with Texecom support) but I'm wondering if there's a work round/custom output which could achieve my aim. Here goes.

I have an "evening" part set which monitors two very rarely used entrance doors to the house and also the garage door and shed door. In this part-set I have omitted the front door and the patio door because I still want to be able to use them. All doors are hardwired DP/EOL 2k2/4k7 contacts. When the system is unset the front and patio doors chime (desired) - when the system is "evening" part armed the doors in question do not chime (not desired!) I assume this is because they are omitted - and Texecom Support indeed said that the system does not monitor them because of this. However, using Wintex diagnostics, when the system is part armed the zones show "Auto Omitted" as expected.....but when the doors are opened the Zone Status goes "Active" from "Secure".....so the system does see/monitor the state of the zone.......but it doesn't chime. Very frustrating!

I've looked at custom outputs (???????!!!!!!!!!) - not exactly intuitive (!).....so my plea is to the gurus and masters on here......can it be done?

Many thanks

A4

PS My panel was delivered with Rev 2.11 firmware....just before the update was released(!) Is it worth flashing the panel to Rev 3.00? The extra ARC's may be handy but not sure I'll gain anything else - other than being up to date.

Sponsored Links
would wait and see about flashing up later at the moment as you have self installed I don't think you will gain anything by flashing up.

well if tech support say no, who m I to argue. I would have to try two possibilities that come to mind.

custom output 2A to be programmed with the zone mimic for 1 or 2 parts of the custom output, and then in area options turn on the auto chime (custom output2A) never used this.

The other option is to use an output as zone mimic and wire into a zone, that is exit terminator and chime turned on, you may need to assign this zone to an area your not arming, and have it assigned to the keypad and panel speaker so it will sound.

if none of them work then I would have to have a play around to see what would or how it needs refining.

Thanks for the reply. Have to confess I'm struggling with the whole programmable output aspect. I'll keep playing and see if I can come up with anything.

A4

Sponsored Links
if you email your wintex profile to me I can set it up and send it back with some instructions to make it easier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back