Premier elite 8xp-w help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

This is my first post on here so please be gentle ;) .
Install a texecom premier elite 24 yesterday with a few programming issues but with the help of this site found some great advice and got it all working .

I now want to add the ricochet expansion pack (8xp-w and ixp-w). I have read the instructions several times put cant get my head round how to connect the 2 boxes to the panel ?

Do I run separate cable from each box back to the panel or do I daisy chain them. and not sure if I need to wire up the terminals GPE GT and GLB in the ixp .

Any help much appreciated .

Sponsored Links
Hi, was told I need both boxes (sold as a pack) to add wireless function to the panel as it's not the panel with built in wireless. Is this not the case ?
Thanks.

a 32xpw will do 16 wireless zones on a elite 24, or 2 x 8XPW. which option is cheapest best suited?

an expansion pack can come in usefull say you want 24 wireless zones on the elite 24.

2 x 8xpw + 1 expansion pack but if you wanted that it would have been cheaper probably to look at a 48 kit with a 32 XP-W.

the ricochet expansion pack needs hard wired zones.

Elite + wireless expander gives wireless capability.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply,

I have the premier elite panel using 7 zones which are hard wired I now want to add 2 wireless pirs to the system. I already have the expansion pack containing both the 8xp-w and ixp-w. So do I not need the ixp-w to add the wireless pirs and if so how do I wire this up . Sorry for all the questions but I do find this system a bit overwhelming.

if memory serves me correctly the 8XPw and the 8XPW in the IXP kit were different firmware. The 8XPW will support devices the IXPW kit, unless they have changed this.

You can confirm this with Texecom, but if you wanted two wireless device on the elite panel then an 8XPW on its own bought on its own is the right way not the ricochet expansion pack.

the elite panels just have expanders connected to the network, no interface to convert to hard wired zones unless that's what you want to do with it.

Thanks for the quick reply I'll contact texecom and the supplier as they where the ones who said I need the expansion kit . Can I be a pain and ask you about wiring up speech and text dailler.
As I read it
tamp terminals to Aux / fault
Only need trigger 3 as only for intruder to digicom 3
Where is best to pick up 12v and 0v .

Phone connections seem straight forward except for the earthing which I was gonna use 1.5 mm t&e to the panel earth as the dailler Is next to the panel.

Once again thanks .

What Texecom panel do you have? Menu 4 on the keypad?

I am struggling to believe Texecom recommended the expansion kit for an elite 24 hardwired panel that only has 7 zones used, the 8XP-W or the 32xp-W would make more sense in my eyes unless there is something you haven't told me that you told them?

with the speech dialer, the trigger can be to the bell trigger or digicom 3 if just trigger on bell activation.

if using digi com 3 just double check its programed for alarm.

12V can be taken from anywhere on the panel but the aux+- given your load should be fine and probably the easiest, the DC+- terminals on the board need an inline fuse to protect, so that would be a bit messy.

Panel earth makes more sense.

whilst you can use any output from the panel into any of the 4 inputs on the dialler, digi com 3 should at default be programed from alarm and the input on the dialler is also pre programed for alarm, but you could change it all if you wanted to.

If you had version 3 manufactured board a come 2400 and speech module may have worked out cheaper.

It wasn't texecom who recommended the expansion kit but an online retailer .

When researching the communicators the com 2400 using tap didn't come out well so went with the dailler.

So the tamp terminals to the aux/ fault and earthing of the phone line seems okay to you ?

Cheers.

the speech and text dialler uses the same service, until recently the com2400 couldn't use the voice module, so now the com2400 with voice module can do the same as the speech and text dialler pretty much.

if nothing else is youing that tamper circuit then it would be ideal.

Just spoke to the supplier who has agreed to exchange the expansion kit with just the 8xp-w.

Could you just run through the wiring from the 8xp-w to the panel.

Thanks again for your help on this .

So basically the expander into the same connections on the panel as the keypad and just assign a different address to expander than the keypad?

no same address as expanders have their own numbers separate from keypads

keypad 1 expander 1

cant have keypad 1 and keypad 1, or expander 1 and expander 1 if that makes sense

Think so , so use same terminals on the panel for the expander as the keypad which is assign as address 1 and set the expander address as 1.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back