Premiere 48 Keypad, Siren and PIR config for garage.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

In the interests of keeping things separate ive had some very valuable and great help on here so far with my newly replaced Texecom Premiere 48 alarm panel (just updated to the latest version) with great help on here and from texecom themselves ive managed to get a second hand smartcom working, just added in a PIR to the garage and thats now live (but ive not done anything in the wintex software yet) - the reason for this post.....

So ive got a live PIR - connected but not sure what to do in Wintex to liven it up...its currently wired into the expander on zone5. Ive got a keypad in the garage and a siren as well. Not sure what to do next to tie the 3 together and make the garage its own entity...almost like a sub-alarm, area...

I must also say that since ive upgraded the panel ive made no settings changes as such to the panel and the devices therein apart from when i livened up the panel it asked me to confirm devices which i did.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Address of expander?

for working out zone number.

Address x 8 plus zone number on expander.

So address 1 zone 5 = 8 + 5 = 13
But address 2 zone 5 = 16 + 5 = 21

That’s the zone you would program up.

Right ok....totally lost..!

So the pir is on zone 5 on the expander (but not configured)

Doesnt the expander wire into "network" on the main panel? - so not in a zone as such [ when i transfered the panel over i didnt mentally make notes of what was wired to what...] just concentrated on the labels id made...!

Im not sure which keypad is which (i think ive got 3 on the zone wiring) and one attached to the "engineers panel" on the main panel. Saying that im guesing i can just put it into engineering and pop the cover off each one to check the jumper setting? as i only want the panel in the garage to ask for the code if i were to open the garage door (if i can do that)?

Same for the garage siren...i think ill have to trace the wiring to find what its on?

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
keypads you can find the address without opening them.

Press Yes and Menu on each keypad, you will see add and a number, that’s the address of the keypad.

easiest way in your case is probably put in engineering and open expander and look at the dip switches.

But if you knew that the other expanders didn’t have something on zone 5, you might be able to look at diagnostics in wintex and zones status, or via the keypad in engineer utils and zone status.

Depends on how easy it is to get to things I guess.

you have wired up a bellbox to an expander but don’t know which one, certainly will need to know to program it correctly

Sponsored Links
Ok. thanks....pretty sure bellboxes are wired into the main panel (these are the bellboxes [2of them] at the front and back of the house....i do have a siren inside the front door and one in the garage...that being said if if someone broke into the garage i would want just the siren to go off in the garage...its one of those really loud 120db ones..!

Garage keypad is number 3. (thanks for the info on how to get the number.!)

Ive got a screw in both the expander box [covers off] and premiere while ive been doing all of this so i can see everything...

two bell boxes at 120db, how are they wired as power when in alarm could be an issue if they are powered from the same cicruit.

ok- ill check the wiring tonight...in the office during the day...thanks. Just to ask - im assuming each bellbox should be in its own zone on the alarm panel?

And....my expander only has a couple of zones used...so if need be i could move one of the bell boxes over to that...?

I normally use the expander input ( at the bottom and program it as bellbox input and then use the outputs at the bottom to trigger the bell and strobe

The bell box as a rule don’t need a zone to function. Grade 3 bell boxes have a fault option which you can wire into a zone.

There are diagrams for this in the manuals

Aux input on expander wire the 0V to one side tamper to the other and program as bell tamper.

Bell to an output and program as area bell sab
Strobe to another out put and area strobe.

again this is in the installation manual you can download online as you don’t get printed ones nowadays

Ok - initially i dont understand that but ill consult the manual and trace how the panel is wired up....probably best establish what ive got an understand that first....didnt get to it last night as car battery had to come out for a charge!!

Theres that grade 3 again... (whats that then) is it some sort of new more intelligent standard?

Last edited:
Started going through the manual (not really sure what im looking for) the expander has a cable marked "int speaker" with just a red and black wires being used in the cable...its quite busy but the bell boxes appear to be going towards the right hand side of the elite panel...

Not had the time to get back to this....a bit lost tbh....can i not configure just the speaker in the garage to go off..?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back