1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Preparation Before Tiling

Discussion in 'Tiling' started by Bobbya82, 10 Aug 2015.

1. Bobbya82

Bobbya82

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

I am redoing my bathroom and have starting removing some of the old tiles. I have removed the old adeshive but as its plasterboard there is some damage, which I plan to patch up with filler and also I have taken it back to the brown paper on the plasterboard.

Does any know if its best to seal the plasterboard first before tiling, if so what would be best to use? I have used Zinsser Gardz Sealer Primer in the past for decorating, can something like this be used?

Many thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. ree

ree

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Tiling in any wet areas should be done over backer board on studding, and /or backer board or rendering on solid walls.
    Which areas are you referring to?

4. Bobbya82

Bobbya82

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    No backer board I am afraid just normal plasterboard. this is around the bath/shower and also the rest of the room. I have seen people suggesting
    Mapei Plaster Primer or Bal primer, are these ok and if so which is best.

Thanks.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links