Shower Tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had to completely remove everything from an ensuite (tiling, shower tray, tolet etc) and now I need to put in a whole new suite. The trouble is, while I have tiled walls and floors elsewhere, I have never tiled a bathroom.
When I removed the tiles on the wall I did a little damage to the plasterboard. For the most part I replaced the plasterboard but with some other smaller holes I have used some heavy duty filler. Will this be OK or should I have used bonding instead?

Also, does anyone have any tips on types of adheasive (waterproof??) or priming, or general shower tiling tips?

I read some other posts that seem to suggest that plasterboard isn't the best for shower tiles but the house was build completely with these.

Sponsored Links
Using filler will be ok.
Have a read of the tiling basics sticky at the top of the tiling forum then come back if you have any further questions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back