Preparation for glue weld PVC waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a tricky situation where I have to join new 40mm PVC pipe to old 40mm PVC pipe.

There is only 5cms of the old pipe that I can attach to and if I make a poor joint it means that the bath in the next room has to come out to get access to the pipe, as the pipe passes through the wall into the bathroom.

The old pipe is hard up against the corner stud and it is a a little bit scratched with some small traces of expanded foam attached. There is also crumbly plaster around the edge of the pipe where it sticks out from the wall.

Is it ok to use 180 grade sandpaper along the 2.5 cm join on the old pipe to ensure a cleaner surface?

Any other tips as I am worried I get it wrong?

Sponsored Links
sandpaper would be fine but make sure you clean it with a solvent cleaner otherwise glue wont stick because of the small dust particles,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back