Prepare tyrolean for new finish.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fast one ..... tyrolean finish on a 260mtr outside. (surface not flamable or melting under flame). What do I prep it with to ensure a lime based finsh will stick. Do I groove it with a diamond disc, mesh it or use SBA or something.

Can I spray a lime slurry on to create a bond.

Cheers Guys.

Sponsored Links
IS it sound and does it have a decent key as it is ie rough enough?

SBR:OPC : SAND ( 1:1:1 )slurry scudded (harled,dashed, spritzed) or brushed on will give you a key to render on to. Get rid of loose/live and Mesh any cracks, as you probably know

Thanks for quick reply. The loose bits are being removed today/tomorrow, and the whole wall power washed. We already have spraying equip so can coat withn the slurry fairly quickly. I have not done much work on this stuff as last time we used membrane and steel mesh, but that took ages and a much larger budget. Thanks again. I will add some pics later. Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back